After a long association with Poojya Swamiji, this institution was formally registered with the Registrar of Societies (Malaysia) in January 2008 as “Society for Inner Resources Development, Malaysia”. On 28 March 2021, SIRD moved into its own new premises in the peaceful suburb of Petaling Jaya.
SIRD Malaysia conducts satsangs, study sessions and cultural heritage classes for children throughout the year. Additional activities include annual observance of Gurupoornima, Guru Jayanti and Baba’s Birthday, as well as programmes for youth.
Discourses, workshops, and retreats twice a year during the Saints’ visits –
- “Jnāna Yajna” in August-Sept during the visit of Poojya Swamiji and Ma
- “Enlightened Living” in Jan-Feb during Nutan Swamiji’s visit.
Discourses in public halls by the Sannyasins.
• Satsangs conducted by Poojya Swamiji and Ma in the old Centre.
Workshops comprising lectures, guided individual introspection and group discussions, as well as Q&A sessions to clarify doubts.
2-3-day Spiritual Retreats with Poojya Swamiji, Ma and Nutan Swamiji. Activities include lectures, guided meditation, group discussions, daily prayers and chanting sessions, and plenty of opportunity for close interaction with the Saints.
• Retreat in Fraser’s Hill with Poojya Swamiji and Ma • Walking Satsangs in Fraser’s Hill with Nutan Swamiji during the retreat.
Regular activities including satsangs and study sessions are held throughout the year at the Centre:
Morning Prayers – 8.30am to 9.15am (SIRD)
Evening Prayers – 6.00pm to 6.30pm (SIRD)
Sunday Satsangs – 8.00am to 10.00am (SIRD)
- Guru archana
- Bhagavad Gita chanting and discussion
- Group Meditation
- Listening to, and discussing Poojya Swamiji’s Prabhāta Raśmih (Morning talks)
- Sādhanā-oriented discussion around Poojya Swamiji’s writings
Thursday Learning and Chanting Bhagavad Gita – 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm (Online)
Friday Shloka Chanting– 10.00 am to 11.00 am (Online)
- Book-Reading Satsang – 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm (Prabhata Rashmih Vol 2)
- Children’s Cultural Heritage Class – 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm (online)
- Youth Sessions – 6.30 pm to 7.45 pm (online)
• Sunday satsang at the new Centre. After pushpasamarpanam, devotees participate in discussion of Poojya Swamiji’s Prabhata Rasmih talks.
Spirituality for Children and Young Adults
Weekly Cultural Heritage Class where they grow through various creative activities and watching their mind, awakening them to the power of mind and intelligence.
Here is a presentation on the Cultural Heritage Class :
Poojya Swamiji and Ma with students from SIRD’s Cultural Heritage Class, together with underprivileged boys from a children’s home.
Cultural Heritage Class students performing for Nutan Swamiji.
Weekly Online Youth Class conducted by SIRD volunteers to introduce youngsters to relevance of Bhagavad Gita in their lives.
Special sessions for young adults are conducted, introducing them to the applicability of spirituality in living a life of joyful excellence and harmony.
• Interactive Youth Session with Nutan Swamiji.
• Interactive session facilitated by senior volunteers of SIRD.
Society for Inner Resources Development (SIRD) Malaysia
No. 1, Jalan 22/40,
46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Phone: +603 7877 9951
Unnikrishnan Menon : +6019 2312204
Subashini Raghavan : +6012 3214859
Sharena Manocaran : +6012 6609754
SIRD Website: https://www.sirdmsia.org/